University of Lleida
UdL webpage: it is available to the general public; it provides all the information about the university, its faculties and activities at http://www.udl.cat
Intranet: : it consists in different spaces accessible only for users who own an assigned username, i.e. anyone belonging to any Unit, Faculty, Department or Government Body of the UdL.
E-mail: all the members of the University of Lleida (students, teachers and staff) have an e-mail account available at http://correu.udl.cat
Virtual Campus (SAKAI platform): the virtual campus is a teaching support tool. It makes part-time class attendance and e-learning possible. It is also a support tool that allows students and teachers to have at their disposal all the information needed for the subject (teaching plans, diaries, announcements, on-line activities and forums, among others).
Library: The University of Lleida has a Library and Documentation Service (SBD) recognised by ANECA since 2003 with a quality certificate. http://www.bib.udl.catSBD offers a wide range of services accessible through the Library website.
- Laptops and USB sticks borrowing.
- Book borrowing.
- Obtaining documents (SOD in Catalan).
- Bibliographic information.
- Informative leaflets.
Digital library: The University of Lleida offers a range of documents that can be browsed on line:
- Electronic files (dossier-e): it is a set of digitalized materials that aim to complement education, teaching and research.
- Electronic magazines browser.
- Electronic dictionaries.
- Electronic encyclopaedias .
- PhD dissertations.
- Thematic guides.
- Virtual libraries.
- Official newspapers.
- Digital documents archive.
Library: This building was inaugurated in 2003 during the commemoration activities of the 700 Anniversary of the University of Lleida. It was conceived as the campus library, therefore, it contains materials in the following areas: Law, Economy, Business, Labour Studies, Computer Science, Engineering, Psychology, Pedagogy, Social Education, Teaching and Sociology. It has a surface of 4.520m2 and 509 seats.
Study rooms: The Polivalent Building or Aulari is a building to be used by all educational centres and services at university as well as by those units placed on the same Campus. There are some study rooms as well as tables and chairs in the hall with Wi-Fi connection and plugs for laptops.
|Location||Number of CPU's||Operative System|
|Building: Centre de les Cultures (room 0.02)||30||Linux (Fedora 14)|
|Building: Edifici Polivalent (1.02)||31||Linux (Fedora 14) / Windows XP|
|Building: Edifici Polivalent (1.04)||20||Linux (Fedora 14)|
Auditorium (Centre de les Cultures): The Auditorium is an emblematic space where several academic and public acts take place.
Copy centre: Placed in the Polivalent Building, it offers the following services: printing, photocopying, binding and purchasing classroom materials. Besides, teachers can leave materials for students necessary to follow lectures.
Faculty of Education, Psychology and Social Work
Gymnasium: this space of 321 m2 has learning, teaching and audiovisual materials. There are male and female changing rooms with showers and lockers next to the gymnasium.
Maria Rúbies lecture hall: this room has a capacity for 90 people and has audiovisual material and a sound system.
Six lecture rooms: these rooms have a capacity for between 50 and 90 people, all of which have the following equipment:
|Lecture room equipment|
|Projector and automatic screen|
|Combo (video, CD and DVD players)|
|Sound equipment: amplifier and speakers|
|Blackboard and whiteboard|
Four lecture rooms. these rooms have a capacity for between 30 and 50 people, and are all fully equipped.
Seven specialised rooms:
- Teaching computer lab: 36 PCs for students, 1 PC for the lecturer, projector, programs
- Audiovisual classroom and laboratory:
- Audiovisual classroom: fully equipped.
- Audiovisual laboratory: 10 PCs, 6 mini-DVD cameras, 3 TVs, 2 projectors, 3 video players, 1 slide projector, 3 tripods, 1 sound receiver, 1 Sony projector, 1 DVD-VHS combo recorder, 1 mini HiFi system, 1 Betamax video player, 6 desktop PCs, 1 HP printer
- Experimental classroom and laboratory :
- Experimental classroom: fully equipped.
- Experimental laboratory: fully equipped.
- Visual arts classroom and workshop:
- Visual arts classroom: fully equipped.
- Visual arts workshop: fully equipped..
- Multimedia laboratory: fully equipped. Its furnishings can be adapted to serve as a multimedia seminar room.
- 2 Music rooms: two soundproof music rooms equipped with learning materials and instruments (piano, xylophones, kettle drums, etc.).
Computer rooms for users:
- User room (1): 14 PCs for students, 2 printers, 1 scanner, programs
- User room (2): 14 PCs for students, 1 scanner, programs
- Open source room: 14 PCs for students, programas
Student Council Office: this room has regular office furnishings, a computer and printer.
Two seminar rooms: these rooms have audiovisual equipment.
Seven research rooms: these rooms have regular office furnishings and the materials necessary for research.
Lecturers’ offices: these rooms have regular office equipment.
- 29 double offices
- 66 individual offices